You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Sad news

Tim Russert was one of my favorite journalists. I remember how intensely passionate he was during the 2000 presidential election— so much, that the Smithsonian actually has the little white board he used that night. What I remember though was how excited it made me about the process that I was participating in. Tim was a front-runner in his field and so, so talented. I will miss watching the politicians squirm on Sunday mornings when Tim is not there to ask the pointed questions that made Meet the Press famous, and served all of us, the public, to educate us. He was also an amazing family man, as I have witnessed as I've followed his career. Poignant timing with having just come home from a trip to Italy with his son as a graduation present and moving his father to a more comfortable care facility, and Father's Day this weekend.
This year's electoral race will just not be the same without Tim.
Very sad news today.
Tim Russert 1950-2008
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25145431/

1 comment:

Heidijayhawk said...

i wouldn't trust a candidate unless he or she had past the russert test. If they got through the interview i would consider their point of view. he helped to shape my political views. i will miss him as well.