You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Banana Split Trifle

So many people asked how to make this, I thought I'd post it. So yummy! Perfect for summer, and maybe not the worst thing you could eat.



So, start with a pineapple cake mix and cut out 1/2 the oil recommended, use crushed pineapple instead, plus juice and use this to also replace the amount of water you would normally add. You'll only use maybe 1/2 cake. I slice my two rounds into shorter thickness so I get a nice flat surface, cut out a couple of inches in the middle lengthwise and put the left over halves together if the solid piece won't fit in the bottom of the trifle. For the chocolate layer, mix a fluffy chocolate frosting with a tub of cool whip. (you'll have lots left over here too, so be creative- I always put my extras in between small cookies and make little sandwiches - they're great for pot luck or school stuff) Slice bananas and strawberries and layer as see in the photos with the cake. Pipe in the chocolate, its a lot less messy, trust me, its worth the little effort of squeezing it out of a zip lock bag. Top with cool whip and favorite banana split toppings. Its a hit!

No comments: