You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

He's Gettin' It Down!

This was the view from my kitchen the other morning when I was caught off guard by a great chuckle : ) I left my shoes out from church and Jack found them the morning after. I'm so proud of this kid, he's saved us $27.40 in diapers in the last few weeks!



I'm just so excited, I have to post this one to our main blog, since this new adventure is a bit momentous for this rookie-mom! I just heard Jack upstairs rolling around in his bed and when I went up, he said "potty?" He was still dry and he went right away in the potty! But trying to stay dry through the night? It can't be.

So... this could be a fluke, but that's how all of this started, so I'm hoping we're on track for more successes. We haven't been setting the timer for pottying over the last few days because he's started telling us. YES! I thought it would never happen. Its more like an "out-loud" thought though, with Jack. "Potty?" its almost a whisper, like... "uh-oh, is that what I'm feeling?" So if we hear it, we don't even ask, we just run with him. (He even went TWICE in the Johnny on the Spots at the JDRF walk! Not a single accident!)

Today, we installed his new potty seats in the house. I finally found something that I'm really happy with. In fact, this is one of the best products I've ever brought into my home. (next to my Foodsaver, my baby sling, and my Mac! and if you know me, you know I rave about great products, IF I really believe in it.) This is the "Flip-n-Flush". It installs on the seat and there is no extra clean up of a potty bowl or awkard fitting of the seat every time or where to put it afterwards. This is AWESOME! Here is the cheapest place I could find it, because I've just got to share this with all my mommy-friends out there! Best of luck to you, too, if you are embarking on this grand journey of eternal patience with bottomless stickers and praise!

And for all of you that don't have children yet.... I know this is probably waaay too weird to wrap your head around. I hope you'll experience this level of joy someday- its worth it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170243119592




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha...heather i love this.

my daughter will be 4 in january. she is totally potty trained during the day, yet diapered at night. im so sick of diapers.

i keep showing her the giant child on the package of diapers and saying "look at this child! shes huge!!!she is almost college aged and in diapers!!! get your act together!"

ok..i dont say exactly that. but i think it.