You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

You can press pause on the music player at the very bottom to hear the videos posted.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Do You Feel It?

We are on the cusp of an historic, historic week in our country.

We've already made history just with the names on the tickets, but my God, how blessed are we that we have made an enormous stride over the chasm of racial divide with the way the vote seems to lean? (at the moment, anyway) Do you know that in a world wide poll, there is only one country that has not yet had a mandate for Obama? It is the US. I certainly believe this election could help heal our image in the world. For the world to see us as fair, equal-minded, level-headed... couldn't hurt.

Ironically, I just came across some notes in an old notebook yesterday, and I was shocked to see what it was about. I had seen this young senator on Oprah a few years ago and he made me think of how my mother's generation must have felt when they listened to the Kennedy brothers or Martin Luther King, Jr. He was inspiring, he was uplifting, he was impressive. I was so taken by him that I actually got out paper and made some notes about him and wrote down his book and his name because I was afraid it might be too hard for me to remember how to spell it....
Barack Obama.


"The Arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice." (MLK)

2 comments:

The Mama said...

Yes, I remember that episode of Oprah. That was where I first heard of Barack Obama. And when Obama gave his acceptance speech, I metnioned to my husband that I never understood how a country could be so in love with their president and think he was the greatest thing since sliced bread (Kennedy), but that now I understood because I saw it in Obama. He actually gave me hope and still does.

Unknown said...

I remember that episode, too. I can't tell you how happy I am to be alive her today. We're going through a lot, my family included, but there is so much hope! :)